The best way to stay on top of where and when we are meeting us by joining our meetup.com group. Just visit http://events.midsouthmakers.org and sign up for a free meetup.com account and join the MidsouthMakers group. You’ll get weekly reminders of where and when our meetings are, plus upcoming classes and events. You can also select to not get the weekly emails if you don’t want meetup.com cluttering your inbox.
Come join us at Republic Coffee at 7pm on February 1st. We’ll be in their back room so come on back and join us.
We will be meeting at our space in Bartlett (2804 Bartlett Rd, Suite 2 Memphis, TN 38134 Our Building is behind the building facing the street).
Our open house meetings are quite laid back and for members and non-members to come check out what we have going on at the space or to just come tour our space.
Kara Ferguson and Jenny Oldenburg will be explaining Artist Trading Cards and their various uses. Participants will learn what works and best practices when creating ATCs. Participants will create their own ATCs to keep or exchange with other participants.
When: January 20th 1pm
What: Artist Trading Card Workshop
Cost: $10 per person Sign up Here
Class size: Limit of 6 people
- 1- pack of 20 Strathmore 300 Series Smooth Bristol ATC paper
- 1- assorted pack of 12 Strathmore ATC papers
- access to paintbrushes (nothing fancy–you may opt to bring your own for applying glue or using paints)
- access to various crafting supplies including decorative paper (and newsprint ads), acrylic paints, pastels, fabric, color pencils, and more.
- soft sleeves to hold your finished ATCs
- a good pair of scissors
- tweezers (good for working with small bits of paper)
- If you have a preferred crafting/art medium that you’re already comfortable working in (watercolor, pen&ink, etc) you should consider bringing some of those supplies for your own use
- found objects to use and share (you want things that are relatively flat like smashed pennies, wire, string, ads, newsprint, labels, lightweight printed cardboard, watch gears, tissue papers, wrapping paper, etc.)
If this first workshop goes well we will set more dates in the future.
- 1 Svideo
- 2 Component Video
- 1 VGA
- 1 HDMI
- 2 DVI