Come join us at Republic Coffee at 7pm on February 1st. We’ll be in their back room so come on back and join us.
We will be meeting at our space in Bartlett (2804 Bartlett Rd, Suite 2 Memphis, TN 38134 Our Building is behind the building facing the street).
Our open house meetings are quite laid back and for members and non-members to come check out what we have going on at the space or to just come tour our space.
Kara Ferguson and Jenny Oldenburg will be explaining Artist Trading Cards and their various uses. Participants will learn what works and best practices when creating ATCs. Participants will create their own ATCs to keep or exchange with other participants.
When: January 20th 1pm
What: Artist Trading Card Workshop
Cost: $10 per person Sign up Here
Class size: Limit of 6 people
- 1- pack of 20 Strathmore 300 Series Smooth Bristol ATC paper
- 1- assorted pack of 12 Strathmore ATC papers
- access to paintbrushes (nothing fancy–you may opt to bring your own for applying glue or using paints)
- access to various crafting supplies including decorative paper (and newsprint ads), acrylic paints, pastels, fabric, color pencils, and more.
- soft sleeves to hold your finished ATCs
- a good pair of scissors
- tweezers (good for working with small bits of paper)
- If you have a preferred crafting/art medium that you’re already comfortable working in (watercolor, pen&ink, etc) you should consider bringing some of those supplies for your own use
- found objects to use and share (you want things that are relatively flat like smashed pennies, wire, string, ads, newsprint, labels, lightweight printed cardboard, watch gears, tissue papers, wrapping paper, etc.)
If this first workshop goes well we will set more dates in the future.
- 1 Svideo
- 2 Component Video
- 1 VGA
- 1 HDMI
- 2 DVI
After the great response we had for the last stained glass class, Rachel has decided to do two more classes in December. We’ll be creating a ~5×7 stained glass project. Participants are encouraged to bring their own Glass cutter ($5 – ebay, amazon, Hobby Lobby, etc) everything else will be provided.
We will be doing one 4 Person class as a make up to those who missed the last class on December 8th. The December 16th class will be on projects that can be done this way and it really can open the path to creativity in working with glass Sign ups are first come, first serve. If we exceed the sign ups we’ll plan another day to do this event again.
Please sign up for the classes via the following links (You do not need to have a WordPress account to sign up)
The cost for the class is $20 per person. There is a button to pay for the class on the events page in the links below.
December 8th – 1pm-5pm – http://www.midsouthmakers.org/events/stained-glass-class-dec-8th-1-pm/
December 16th – 1pm-5pm – http://www.midsouthmakers.org/events/stained-glass-class-dec-16th-1-pm/