Here are a couple of videos Dru made to show off the progress of his bubble bot.
- Tonight @ 7pm is our #CodeMonkeys Meeting. Tonight’s topic is on Github. Here’s the plan for tonight
- Non-Members are welcome.
- Tomorrow night 9/7 – Meeting @ Republic Coffee 7pm. (As always, non-members welcome)
- Thanks to Brandon, we picked up 42 Pentium 4 computers, and a very nice SAN and Server rack.
- We’ll be working to go through the 42 Desktops so we can inventory the hardware.
- We’ll definetely need help working on the machines, we’ll let everyone know when we plan on working on them.
- The goal for the PCs is to set a few aside for group use and then possibly sell (cheaply) the rest with proceeds going to the Laser Cutter Fund.
- There is a leak by the back door, we had to pull up the carpet, we’ve got the landlord involved and currently waiting to hear back from him.
- We have some new members and a couple of pending new members. If you haven’t been to a meeting in a while, come see the new faces.
- Claudio has started a thread on the email list for those wanting RaspberryPi cases printed on the 3d printers for donations to the laser cutter fund.
- Rachel is prepping info to do a class on Stained Glass.
- We have bought a storage rack and The Artsy & Crafty among the group have begun plans for storing and sharing various arts and crafts supplies at the space.
- Ben is going to pickup the storage rack today so it should be at the space for anyone who would like to go put it together.
With our first move in day scheduled for June 23rd, here’s some updated pictures of our progress at the new space.
Just to give everyone an update, Ben, Claudio, Dan, and Joe have been up at the new space working nearly everyday since we’ve signed the lease. We have taken down all the walls we needed to take down. We’ve fixed the drop ceiling in the community room. We’ve prepped the walls of the community room to be primed and painted. We need to put up a couple of walls and we’ll be ready to start moving stuff in.
We’re still waiting on the AC to be fixed (Hasn’t worked since we’ve been there) and we’re waiting on a guy to come fix the broken glass in the front door.
We are going to be up working on the new space every night this week. If any members would like to come give us a hand we would greatly appreciate it. Let us know when you plan on coming out, we don’t want to get too many people in the space and not be able to get any work done.
Hoping to get our Comcast connection moved over (as well as our servers/camera setup) sometime Friday. We’re just waiting on Comcast to schedule a time/date.