This Friday’s meeting at Republic Coffee I will be giving a presentation / demonstration on how to make a website. We’ll cover a lot of content and a lot of topics. Below is my rough outline for what I plan to cover. It won’t be too long and drawn out, but I’ll welcome any questions anyone may have. We’ll get started around 7:15-7:20 to give people enough time to get to Republic.
– What’s in a (Domain) name?
– Here hold this: Finding a web host
— Shared? Dedicated? Colo?
— To SSL or not to SSL
— PCI Compliance: the worse villian in the web host world
– Blogs and Forums – your own soapbox
– Traffic and How to monetize it
— Basic Traffic stats w/ awstats
— Google Analytics
— Adsense / Adwords /
– Search Engine Considerations
— Google Keyword Tool