This Friday’s meeting at Republic Coffee I will be giving a presentation / demonstration on how to make a website. We’ll cover a lot of content and a lot of topics. Below is my rough outline for what I plan to cover. It won’t be too long and drawn out, but I’ll welcome any questions anyone may have. We’ll get started around 7:15-7:20 to give people enough time to get to Republic.
- What’s in a (Domain) name?
- Here hold this: Finding a web host
– Shared? Dedicated? Colo?
– To SSL or not to SSL
– PCI Compliance: the worse villian in the web host world
- Blogs and Forums – your own soapbox
- Traffic and How to monetize it
– Basic Traffic stats w/ awstats
– Google Analytics
– Adsense / Adwords /
- Search Engine Considerations
– Google Keyword Tool