Come join us at Republic Coffee at 7pm on February 1st. We’ll be in their back room so come on back and join us.
We will be meeting at our space in Bartlett (2804 Bartlett Rd, Suite 2 Memphis, TN 38134 Our Building is behind the building facing the street).
Our open house meetings are quite laid back and for members and non-members to come check out what we have going on at the space or to just come tour our space.
Kara Ferguson and Jenny Oldenburg will be explaining Artist Trading Cards and their various uses. Participants will learn what works and best practices when creating ATCs. Participants will create their own ATCs to keep or exchange with other participants.
When: January 20th 1pm
What: Artist Trading Card Workshop
Cost: $10 per person Sign up Here
Class size: Limit of 6 people
- 1- pack of 20 Strathmore 300 Series Smooth Bristol ATC paper
- 1- assorted pack of 12 Strathmore ATC papers
- access to paintbrushes (nothing fancy–you may opt to bring your own for applying glue or using paints)
- access to various crafting supplies including decorative paper (and newsprint ads), acrylic paints, pastels, fabric, color pencils, and more.
- soft sleeves to hold your finished ATCs
- a good pair of scissors
- tweezers (good for working with small bits of paper)
- If you have a preferred crafting/art medium that you’re already comfortable working in (watercolor, pen&ink, etc) you should consider bringing some of those supplies for your own use
- found objects to use and share (you want things that are relatively flat like smashed pennies, wire, string, ads, newsprint, labels, lightweight printed cardboard, watch gears, tissue papers, wrapping paper, etc.)
If this first workshop goes well we will set more dates in the future.
Over the course of the last week or so I built my own coffee table. A picture of the final result is below. I spent about $80 on it. Which is built better and cheaper than the press board trash furniture that you will find in a box. In total it took about a day to complete. It wasn’t too hard of a build, probably a 4 on a difficulty scale. The plans I used for the DIY Rustic X Coffee table can be found here. The rough dimensions are 52″x27.5″. I finished it off with vinegar and steel wool to stain it and several coats of polyurethane. Next is to build end tables with outlets and usb chargers.
- 1 Svideo
- 2 Component Video
- 1 VGA
- 1 HDMI
- 2 DVI