I have a badger-hair shaving brush that I’d like to keep for a while. I’ve read that the brush will last longer if it’s allowed to hang and dry versus being left sitting in the lather bowl. After looking around for a hanging stand I decided to make my own, that works for brushing to so you don’t have to keep thinking if brushing vs combing is the best way to go. My first model took over 6 hours to print at 60mm/sec.
It turns out I made the model quite a bit larger than necessary. After placing the brush and the razor on the stand, all the extra unused space is really evident.
I decided to see how much time and material I could save on my next model so I tried to use circles and ellipses to minimize the printed area while still leaving enough structure. The new model has a hanger for the razor and a slot with drain holes for the extra razor blades.
This model printed much faster, it only took around two and a half hours at 60mm/sec.
The stand works well enough, but I’m not happy with how tall and light it is, it’s too easy to knock over early in the morning.
For the next iteration, I’m going to flare out the base a bit to prevent tipping and may increase the amount of material towards the bottom of the model. The blade storage slot needs to be deeper as well.