Kara Ferguson and Jenny Oldenburg will be explaining Artist Trading Cards and their various uses. Participants will learn what works and best practices when creating ATCs. Participants will create their own ATCs to keep or exchange with other participants.
When: January 20th 1pm
What: Artist Trading Card Workshop
Cost: $10 per person Sign up Here
Class size: Limit of 6 people
- 1- pack of 20 Strathmore 300 Series Smooth Bristol ATC paper
- 1- assorted pack of 12 Strathmore ATC papers
- access to paintbrushes (nothing fancy–you may opt to bring your own for applying glue or using paints)
- access to various crafting supplies including decorative paper (and newsprint ads), acrylic paints, pastels, fabric, color pencils, and more.
- soft sleeves to hold your finished ATCs
- a good pair of scissors
- tweezers (good for working with small bits of paper)
- If you have a preferred crafting/art medium that you’re already comfortable working in (watercolor, pen&ink, etc) you should consider bringing some of those supplies for your own use
- found objects to use and share (you want things that are relatively flat like smashed pennies, wire, string, ads, newsprint, labels, lightweight printed cardboard, watch gears, tissue papers, wrapping paper, etc.)
If this first workshop goes well we will set more dates in the future.
We’ll be creating a ~5×7 stained glass project. Participants are encouraged to bring their own Glass cutter ($5 – ebay, amazon, Hobby Lobby, etc) everything else will be provided.
We will be doing two 4 Person classes to learn how to create stained glass. Sign ups are first come, first serve. If we exceed the sign ups we’ll plan another day to do this event again.
Please sign up for the classes via the following links (You do not need to have a WordPress account to sign up)
The cost for the class is $20 per person. There is a button to pay for the class on the events page in the links below.
11:00 AM Class: http://www.midsouthmakers.org/events/stained-glass-class-1100am/
Tonight is #CodeMonkeys at 7pm at the space.
What to bring: VM running some LAMP configuration. If you have your VM from our Virtualmin install, that will work fine. If you don’t have a VM to run on, I’ll have one running you can use.
Tonight’s Topic: HTML/CSS Challenge + Special surprise challenge
Mid-South Makers’ First Annual 24 hour Make-In
The Make-In will be 24 hours of concentrated space-based making from 12 noon on Saturday, March 17 until 12 noon on Sunday March 18.
- Start and/or finish the projects you’ve been putting off.
- Inspire, and be inspired by, other makers’ projects and progress.
- Stay 24 hours, or drop by as you can.
- Use the space as a maker with other makers.
- All members are invited.
More info on our wiki